Does the thought of looking for a new home seem a little overwhelming? Don’t even know where to start? Here are some great house-hunting tips that can help make finding that perfect home less stressful—and more fun.
1. Make a list. Save yourself hours of shopping by deciding on what features are most important to you and your family—such as price, location and school district.
2. Do your research. Go online or watch the news for market trends, home prices and neighborhood statistics.
3. Get pre-approved. Don’t guess at how much you can afford to spend. Make a trip to your lender and get a full assessment of your finances for an accurate budget.
4. Keep a record. Touring models and open houses can get confusing. Take notes and even pictures at each home you visit to keep track of which one works best for you.
5. Be prepared to make an offer. Review a sample purchase contract ahead of time, so you’re familiar with it when you find “the one.”
Ready to get started? We have just the place… BrookfieldDC.com.